SERVPRO can provide fire restoration services in the Teaneck area
Fire and smoke damage remediation should be left to the professionals at SERVPRO. Their techs are IICRC certified for any size disaster.
Does Your Teaneck Home Have Smoke and Soot Damages
Any time a fire ignites, it can release partially combusted particles in the form of smoke. Smoke remediation can then be necessary as the partially combusted particles can deeply penetrate your building materials and contents.
During fire and smoke clean-up in Teaneck, our SERVPRO technicians often have to implement deodorization procedures to remove odors caused by smoke. In some cases, removing the smoke aromas can involve using industrially advanced equipment such as a photocatalytic oxidizer. These machines work to remove malodor particles in the following ways:
- The machine aids with fire damage restorations by creating oxidizing hydroxyl radicals by shining ultraviolet light onto a photocatalyst titanium dioxide.
- The OH particles then attack harmful pollutants and destroy malodor cells to provide a final step in house fire clean-up.
- Another plus when using a photocatalytic oxidizer on smoke damage is that the byproducts released when the OH molecules attack malodor particles are not harmful to humans. Once the oxidizing hydroxyl radicals react with the pollutants, they release water (H2O) particles and carbon dioxide (CO2).
If you ever need help from a restoration company that has experience working with a variety of fire-damaged homes, call SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482.
If your Teaneck home suffers from a leaking roof from storms, SERVPRO can help.
Flood damage from a storm can be a water-logged situation. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and equipment for any size disaster.
Did a Storm Damage Your Teaneck Roof?
During the winter, snow can put weight on your roof and cause a leak to develop. Sometimes you will not know if a leak has formed until the weather warms up and the snow starts melting.
If you ever get flood damage in Teaneck, our SERVPRO technicians can help with ceiling repairs from water damages. The first step we take is to determine the source of the leak. If the water is coming from the outside, we can then take the following steps to prevent the contamination of your contents and building materials:
- Inspection: Before we begin any water damage repairs, we first inspect your entire structure to see where the moisture traveled.
- Remove Porous Materials: If the water is grey and there is a chance of contamination, we can remove porous materials such as carpet and drywall as a part of the water removal services.
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD): If your ceiling leaks once snow melts, we can set up air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from structural components such as wall studs and roof trusses.
If you ever notice water coming into your home after a storm, call SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482.
Fire Damage To Your Englewood Home
Fire damage restoration is no easy task. Call SERVPRO for the experienced help you need for your home.
SERVPRO can help with fire damage restorations in Englewood
Englewood, New Jersey, has always been a popular area due to its proximity to New York City. People have settled in the area since the early 1600s, but it did not officially get incorporated as a city until 1899. Since then, the town has grown to have a population of around 27,000.
Several places to go to learn about history
Since the city has been around for so long, there are plenty of historical sites to check out. The following places in Englewood are on the National Register of Historic Places:
- John G. Benson House: This site at 60 Grand Avenue serves as an excellent example of what Dutch colonial homes looked like after the Revolutionary War.
- Thomas Demarest House: This house at 228 Grand Avenue was built in 1808, and it now is part of the senior citizens center.
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church: This gorgeous building at 113 Engle Street still belongs to the Episcopal Diocese of Newark, and it was built in 1866.
- Peter Westervelt House and Barn: This house was also built in 1808, and the house section of the property still stands after the barn was demolished.
Home to other must-see attractions
Englewood also has several other things to do in town. Locals and visitors alike find the following places enjoyable to visit:
- Bergen Arts Performing Center: This art center is one of the best places in the region to watch a live play or musical performance. The center has an auditorium that can seat over 1,300 people, a smaller Black Box Theatre, and the Drapkin Cabaret & Lounge. People can also take several classes at the center's performing arts school, including voice, music, theater, and dance.
- Gotham Dream Cars: This car rental chain offers anyone a chance to rent a luxury car for a day or week-long cruise. The agency has been around since 2004, and it has other locations in cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. People can rent cars made from manufacturers like Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Aston Martin.
- Flat Rock Brook Nature Center: This property located on the Palisades' western slope is 150 acres and was established in 1973 for land conservation and environmental education. The nature center contains over three miles of trails that run through wetlands, quarry cliffs, woodlands, and wildflower meadows.
SERVPRO can help repair fire damaged homes
During many house fire clean-up operations, a major problem tends to be the presence of burnt fragrances. After we remove all soot residues and burnt materials, we can then start with deodorization procedures.
One excellent way to remove foul odors is to utilize an Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) mister. Using a ULV fogger has the following benefits:
- A ULV fogger can break down water-based deodorants to 20 to 60 microns in size to aid in smoke remediation.
- The misters can assist in restoring smoke damage by deodorizing and sealing air-handling systems and ventilation ducts.
- Since we can use the fogger in areas with a large surface area, it can help with fire restoration in attics and crawl spaces.
If you ever need your home deodorized after a fire, call SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482.
Does SERVPRO handle mold removal?
Mold will spread like wild fire within 24 to 48 hours. SERVPRO techs are trained and experienced in mold remediation services.
Teaneck residents can count on us to follow strict mold removal guidelines.
Mold can be a year-round problem. As long as there is excess moisture, the potential for mold is there. The EPA provides basic mold guidelines such as cleaning dry moldy items, discarding items that cannot be cleaned, and drying non-mold items within 48 hours. The IICRC has more stringent guidelines, and we are happy to do more than the basic requirements.
5 Principles of Restoring Mold Contaminated Buildings
When a home requires mold removal in Teaneck, SERVPRO technicians do not mess around. We adhere to the IICRC guidelines and apply them to residential buildings as well as commercial. The five principles are:
- Provide for health and safety
- Document conditions and processes
- Control the mold containment at its source
- Remove contamination
- Correct the moisture problem
Our technicians are IICRC certified and know how to assess a mold situation to determine what techniques and mold removal methods get used. We go above and beyond merely cleaning up mold and mildew damage. We educate homeowners on the source and on moisture control to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
If you need professional mold removal in Teaneck, contact SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482.
Winter Snows Can Cause Flood Damage to Local Businesses
When a storm bursts a main water line. SERVPRO should be the first to call. Their techs are ready 24/7 365 days a year for flood damage restoration.
SERVPRO understands the importance of fast flood damage mitigation to prevent business closure
The East Coast has seen a significant amount of snowfall in the last few weeks, with more to come. Snowfall like this can lead to flash flooding if followed by a warming trend or heavy rains. This puts local businesses at risk.
Storm and Flood Damage Can Shut a Business Down
There is never a time of year when it is convenient for flood damage in Englewood. The time spent cleaning up is time lost to meet your customers' needs and earn a living. SERVPRO understands what it means to run a business, and we want to help you get yours up and running quickly after a flood. We understand:
- Storms have their own timetables, so we are available 24/7
- Fast mitigation is vital, and we provide emergency services to contain the damage
- Power can go out; therefore, we come with generators if needed
- Flood damage and are IICRC Water Restoration certified
- How to apply the best drying techniques to your company's needs
There is no need to let your business go under due to flood damage. Contact SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482 and let us handle the biohazard conditions of floodwaters.
Water Intrusions Can Damage Historical Teaneck Buildings
Water restoration should be handled by the professionals at SERVPRO. Their techs are IICRC certified for any size job.
Water restoration companies like SERVPRO know what to do to restore buildings with water damage.
Teaneck is a New Jersey township with some interesting historical background. It officially became a township in 1895, but its history goes back further than that. The Lenni Lenape tribe had camped near what is now Queen Anne Road. Buildings were constructed as early as 1704, and visitors today can see several Dutch stone houses that were built in the 1700s.
War of Independence
Teaneck was visited by General George Washington in 1776 when he and his men passed through the area. The Battle of Fort Lee had just taken place, and the Colonials were struggling with defeat. Washington went through Teaneck on his way to Fort Lee, where he watched the British send thousands of troops up the river. Washington then had his men change their position and move inland. They crossed Overpeck Creek then went through Teaneck to what is now Brett Park.
The Colonials were bedraggled, without the basic necessities, had no shoes, and were dealing with cold rains. The situation was so bad that Thomas Paine would pen the pamphlet, The American Crisis. Teaneck residents were vital components in a war that saw both forces occupying local homesteads. Today folks can visit homes that go back to the colonial era. They are on the National Register of Historic Places and include:
• John Ackerman House – 1734
• Brinkerhoff – Demarest House – 1728
• Adam Vandelinda House -1830
• Caspar Westervelt House – 1763
• Zabriskie – Kipp – Cadmus House - 1751
The Perfect Community
After World War II, the US Army put together an education program for Occupied Japan. Their goal was to show that democracy worked. Ten thousand communities were in the running for the making of the film, and Teaneck was selected as the perfect American community.
Desegregation in a New Era
As the town developed rapidly, it experienced major growth in both the economy and population. With this came an influx of cultures, which lead to another monumental event in the history of Teaneck. They would be the first community in the United States where a white majority voted for school integration, with no court order demanding it. It was an excellent example of a community stepping up and doing the right thing.
A Modern, Thriving Town
Today, Teaneck blends the old with the new and is home to four commercial districts. It has grown as a center for art and culture. There are many cultural venues to be enjoyed such as:
• The Puffin Cultural Forum
• Teaneck Community Band
• Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra
• The Garage Theater Group
The township has also been involved in several films. The Family Man was filmed in the area, and the Teaneck Armory was used in movie scenes.
SERVPRO Proudly Serves the Teaneck Community
Even historic homes can be subject to in-home flooding from situations such as a burst pipe. The delicate nature of many of these homes makes it imperative to get water damage mitigation immediately. Water restoration companies like SERVPRO play a vital role when a water intrusion happens. We understand:
• The need for protection of historical artifacts
• The damage water can do to wood elements
• How to restore papers and documents
• Fast mitigation is crucial to avoid secondary damage
• How important historic buildings are to the community
For water damage restoration, contact SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Protecting Historic Homes and Businesses of Teaneck from Water Damage
Water disaster in your commercial building should be handled by the professionals of SERVPRO. Their IICRC certified technicians are ready for action.
Water disasters and flooding can devastate landmarks and protected buildings in Bergen County.
While some of the most significant increase in population and development of the Teaneck area happened shortly after World War I, the city has steadily increased its numbers nearly every decade to the present. This growth continues to evolve the city's business landscape to suit its current demographics, which has provided multiple different looks for the municipality over time.
What was once a sparsely populated area featuring widespread farmland became a richly developed urban environment, which has used nearly all of its available land for development into housing or businesses. While this has slowed the increase in size or population, it has helped solidify which properties deserved historic status and protection when unforeseen disasters or damaging storms occur.
Historic Sites of Teaneck
- John Ackerman House – To the locals here, the property is more widely known as "Old River House" and was built to house the Ackerman family on River Rd. The house has stood in this spot since 1734 and was recognized as a historic location in 1936.
- Adam Vandelinda House – This property was initially constructed in 1780 and recognized as a site worth protecting in 1983 by the National Register of Historic Places. This large property stands as a testament to the late 18th century's building styles and has many of its original building materials and layout.
- Brinkerhoff-Demarest House – This house predates the American Revolution by more than 40 years. It is an excellent example of colonial architecture despite some of the more modern implements that needed replacing over time. This house has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983, along with the Vandelinda House.
- New Bridge Landing – During the American Revolution, this site featured a strategic bridge crossing that allowed the continental army to cross the Hackensack River under the leadership of General George Washington. 11 battles or engagements would occur in and around this bridge, ultimately leading to its destruction and required reconstruction in 1889. In 1989, it was recognized as a site of historical significance.
Fast Water Mitigation Solutions for Teaneck Businesses
Starting water mitigation in Teaneck businesses quickly after a disaster occurs can prevent unnecessary damage and destruction to the property. Often, the heart of mitigation for water disasters is extraction and removal efforts. Eliminating standing water can prevent the migration of loss effects to other areas of the property that might not be as easily accessed by drying tools and dehumidification devices.
Mitigation can also include the actions taken by our division of building trade professionals and contractors offering both controlled demolition and plumbing repairs. Getting your business back in water service can be useful for customers and employees and help to keep operating in a limited capacity while restoration continues when possible.
Water disasters can get out of control without fast and deliberate mitigation. Our SERVPRO of Teaneck/Englewood team is ready to help 24/7 when you call (201) 266-0482.
Content Cleaning for Englewood Businesses After a Fire
Fires can be devastating to a business. Call SERVPRO for immediate fire restoration services for your company.
Our SERVPRO team can offer thorough cleaning to protect your investment.
You cannot predict when a fire might occur in Englewood, as there are hundreds of potential sources and catalysts to this disaster, making it a devastating occurrence for your Englewood business. Our restoration technicians have extensive experience and training in mitigation and recovery to provide immediate aid upon arrival to limit loss for commercial customers.
Content Cleaning Options for Your Business
One of the most troubling aspects that require fire restoration in Englewood businesses is the threat to the building's contents and wares. From unique storefronts that line the commercial districts to some of the larger warehouses and manufacturing facilities, protecting inventory and items is critical. While there are options for cleaning or relocation on-site, we also offer pack-out procedures that relocate these items to our nearby SERVPRO facility. There, these wares can receive:
- Extensive cleaning
- Safe storage
Protecting your structure and its contents is the priority of our responding fire restoration technicians. You can rely on the experience of our SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood team and call us today at (201) 266-0482.
Strategies of Mold Remediation for Englewood Homes
Mold will spread like wild fire within 24 to 48 hours. SERVPRO technicians are qualified to do the mold remediation needed for your home.
Removing mold colonies involves several direct approaches by SERVPRO professionals.
With many homes on the Hackensack River and other creeks and streams passing through the western portion ofEnglewood, conditions can get met for mold growth when storm damage occurs. Flooding is a common threat to many of these properties when storms overwhelmed the river banks and force water into nearby structures.
Mold Remediation Strategies
Choosing the right path for mold remediation in Englewood homes begins with evaluating the property for potential damage. Mold removal from exposed surfaces is not a universal approach, so there are multiple options for our experienced technicians working at the residence, depending on the hosting material. Some standard remediation options include:
- Surface sanding
- Antimicrobial cleaning
- Abrasive cleaning
- Controlled demolition
Mold can be a devastating situation for your home and require multiple strategies to restore completely. Our SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood remediators can help however you need with experienced remediators and licensed general contractors. Call us today at (201) 266-0482.
Englewood Locals Get Moving with Guided Exercise
Flood removal is no easy task. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the water damage restoration services.
Participate in Online Exercise Events for All Ages in Englewood
Online Meditation Events is home to a slew of virtual wellness events designed to get Englewood locals moving and motivated. The Let’s Move series takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays for 45 minutes each. The next Monday session is on January 25th from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Regular exercise a few times a week offers many benefits, especially for residents working from home full-time or those who are immunocompromised. Variety is key to fitness and maximizes the positive aspects of your wellness endeavors.
Why consider a new and diverse virtual fitness routine performed with others? Consider these benefits:
- Increased serotonin levels for mood regulation
- A healthier cardiovascular system for better breathing
- Befriend locals with similar goals and motivate each other to reach them
This virtual fitness event is targeted at people of all ages. Better still, admission is free.
SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood provides basement flood removal for Englewood homeowners who call (201) 266-0482.