Valuable Resources That Help With Mold Remediation in Teaneck Homes
SERVPRO Is Equipped To Handle Mold Removal in Teaneck
Mold damage is a common occurrence in buildings. It usually signals a problem with moisture; hence it’s the first issue to address when dealing with mold. Mold propagates well on paper, ceiling tiles, cardboard, and wood products. Also, it can grow in dust, paints, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. The growth can be unsightly, making your home look poorly maintained and dirty. However, you can remediate your Teaneck home from microbial-driven damage with suitable approaches.
When the mold problem has affected large areas of your home, finding a reliable mold remediation company in Teaneck is vital to ensure the contamination is safely and effectively removed. If the process is not professionally handled, you risk dispersing mold debris to other areas. SERVPRO crews take several measures to remove mold from homes safely. However, our removal techniques may vary depending on the type of surface, the extent of mold growth, and the specific conditions on your property.
General steps involved during mold cleanup:
- Inspection to check for moisture sources and the extent of mold growth
- Building containment to prevent the spread of mold spores
- Physical mold removal using specialized tools and techniques
- Cleaning and disinfecting all affected surfaces
Mold Abatement Measures
SERVPRO crews clean mold on semi-porous and no-porous materials through safe isolation processes, preventing the release of spores into the air. As earlier stated, the type of surface or material on which the mold grows determines the technique our teams use when cleaning moldy surfaces. However, disposal is usually the right option when microbes affect porous material.
Different resources for mold remediation:
- Air scrubbers use HEPA filters to trap mold spores in contaminated areas
- Wire brushes to break up the mold from surfaces
- Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air helping prevent the mold growth
- EPA-approved antimicrobial and antifungal treatments to eliminate mold colonies
- HEPA- vacuums to remove loose mold fragments and any remaining moisture
If your home needs mold remediation, contact SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood at (201) 266-0482. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.