What Are the First Tasks That Should Be Considered After a Fire?
SERVPRO Technicians Give Homeowners Tips They Can Take After a Fire in Teaneck
Many thoughts go through someone's mind during and after a fire in Teaneck. Many are distraught that they may lose their home, possessions, where they will live, and how they will ever recover! Above all, homeowners want to know that their families and pets are safe. But what are the following steps to consider after a fire?
SERVPRO has been responding to emergencies for over 12 years providing services such as fire restoration and more in Teaneck and surrounding areas. We have experience with many situations and can assist homeowners regarding what to do after a fire. Every fire has its personality and impact; however, the approach is much the same. For example:
- Always confirm the safety of your family.
- Call your insurance company to initiate the claim process.
- Arrange to meet with your insurance adjuster
- Call SERVPRO for immediate assistance such as emergency board up services (we work closely with most insurance companies)
- Discuss the restoration plan with your insurance adjuster and restoration company
- Arrange alternate living accommodations if needed
Our experienced team can remove smoke odors and soot from the house's interior and provide cleaning services along with restoration as needed.
Should Homeowners Stay in the Home During Restoration of Their Premises?
Many homeowners would prefer to stay in their homes during restoration, primarily if the fire was limited to one area of the house; however, there are several things to consider in making this decision. For example:
- Amount of fire damage and smoke/soot/water in the home
- Insurance coverage for alternate living accommodations
- Smoke odors may be present throughout the entire home
- Equipment installed to remove odors and dry the house may be noisy with continuous operation 24 hours a day
- Recommendations of the adjuster and our SERVPRO restoration team
Our team always has your best interest and safety in mind. We aim to restore your home as quickly as possible, "Like it never even happened." Call SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood (201) 266-0482 to help with fire restoration to your home.