What Are Strategies for Teaneck Kitchen Fire Restoration Issues?
SERVPRO Fire and Smoke Remediation Uses Proven Practices to Cleanup Teaneck Houses
Fire restoration in Teaneck frequently involves a cooking mishap or other kitchen ignition. Kitchen fire and smoke damage also deposit tenacious, toxic, and malodorous residues on surfaces throughout your home. The coatings are protein-based, representing the dehydrated remains of foodstuffs and oils. They transform into a rancid, ill-smelling yet transparent film requiring professional skills and products for removal.
What Water and Fire Damage Restoration Interventions Address Kitchen Fire Challenges?
Although the residues are difficult to remove, Teaneck kitchen fire and smoke damage restoration and clean up are vital. Otherwise, building materials will suffer progressive deterioration, the corrosive action of the smoke, and sooty debris destroying the comfort, function, and integrity of your home. SERVPRO offers certified technicians with experience in both contaminated water removal and residue and odor removal in fire damaged homes:
- Extraction of firefighting water and chemical extinguishing substances, including structural drying to avoid further water or mold damage
- Evaluation of the kitchen fire smoke damage and soot and matching of the residues with appropriate cleaning products, additives, and tools for fire restoration
- Implementation of residue removal strategies such as:
- Use of oil-based solvents to emulsify the lacquer-like coating
- Increased dwell time of the cleaning products to facilitate the breaking of the bond between surface and residue
- Addition of abrasive materials to cleaning products to enhance the breakup of the soiling through agitation
- Employment of rough-edged and surfaced tools (steel wool, scrapers, stiff-bristled brushes) to loosen residues
- Pack out of affected household contents to SERVPRO’s production facility to access resources like immersion tanks and ultrasonic technology to aid residue removal on intricately detailed, non-porous items
Research-based interventions support SERVPRO of Teaneck / Englewood during fire damage restoration. Call (201) 266-0482 as soon as practical for prompt assessment and creation of a house fire clean up plan.