Is it Possible to Erase the Impact of Fire Damage?
Hiring SERVPRO Gets You the Fire Damage Restoration You Need for Your Englewood Home
Fire impact on your Englewood home can be devastating, and it often leaves a homeowner not knowing where to begin. SERVPRO is available 24/7 so that we can come out to your house to provide emergency restoration when you need it. Our services make it so that you can get your house back into preloss condition, and your life can get back to normal quicker than DIY cleanup methods alone. With the professional techniques and latest advancements in the fire restoration world, we can erase all traces of the fire throughout your property.
What Should I Do Right After the Fire?
Once the fire gets extinguished, and it is deemed safe to enter, you should call our team right away. A crew is deployed, and upon arrival, we can start the assessment and plan for restoring your fire damage in Englewood. We have a range of cleaning techniques and restoration equipment available that allows us to salvage as much of your interior as possible.
Do I Have to Worry About the Air Quality in My Home After a Fire?
There can be a lot of soot and smoke particles left after a fire. You also need to be concerned about remaining moisture from the fire being extinguished as lingering water brings about the potential for harmful mold and mildew growth. Our skilled technicians select the best equipment and filtration tools to clean and restore the air quality within your home. Not only does this help to ensure that the air in your home is breathable, but it reduces the potential threat of tough smoke odors and microbial contamination.
- Air Scrubbers – These machines help to reduce the number of particulates and debris from the environment. They also cut back on the threat from certain microorganisms that are known for colonizing when conditions are moist. The machines work similarly to our Hydroxyl machinery, pulling in the contaminated air, trapping the airborne debris, and putting out cleaner air.
- Hydroxyl Generators – These generators are dual-acting, meaning that they deodorize the interior of your home while also filtering and purifying the air. This equipment features a HEPA-filtration system where the air goes into the machine, and the filter traps all particles, debris, and microbes.
How Do You Address Soot Stains?
During a fire, the heat from the fire brings about charring to various surface areas. With standard restoration, replacement, or resurfacing is usually the best option. Because this is often time-consuming and costly, our skilled SERVPRO technicians use a variety of techniques and advanced equipment to address the tough soot and smoke residue. With soda blasting, pressurized air puts out sodium bicarbonate at a high rate of speed to strip away the smoke residue and charring. Since the sodium bicarbonate also acts as a deodorizer, it helps to remove odors from damaged materials being treated.
Smoke and soot particles settle very quickly on ceilings, walls and other flat surfaces throughout your home after a fire. Trying to clean with DIY methods is time-consuming and often unproductive. Our technicians may use vacuum cleaners and pressure washers to help remove residue faster in your Englewood home. We also have HEPA filters in our industrial strength vacuums that help to pull out loosened soot particles without worry that they get redistributed into the air.
Can Smoke Odors be Completely Eliminated?
We have perfected the process of removing smoke odors from your interior after a fire. Each step that we use helps to break down tough residue and locate all areas where odorous particles may have lingered.
- When necessary, we remove belongings and furniture from your home to be deodorized elsewhere. This also helps to prevent the transfer of smoke residue to other parts of the home that are unaffected.
- Our technicians carefully clean all surfaces that are covered in residue, making sure to leave no area untreated. We have an extensive selection of EPA-approved cleaning agents to remove residue from burned materials, including wood, plastic, and building materials such as drywall.
- More pungent odors call for recreation of the situation that caused odor penetration to various surfaces. Deodorant agents are heated with our fogging machinery, generating a chemical agent cloud that helps to penetrate deeply to reach the odors.
- Exposed surfaces can also be sealed if a fire burned a significant portion of the home and created a great deal of smoke residue. This is done by using a special primer coat on the walls before using a final color, as well as sealing the ductwork throughout the HVAC system.
When it comes to the fallout from fire damage in your home, working with skilled technicians is the best way to go. You can call SERVPRO of Teaneck/Englewood 24/7 at (201) 266-0482, and we can send out a team quickly to make it “Like it never even happened.”