Fire Damage to a Municipal Maintenance Building
The fire started with some greasy rags and debris that was not removed from the interior of this maintenance building in Teaneck. The sparks from a welding job ignited the flammable materials and created a smoky, soot-filled walls and ceilings. There was no structural damage because of the block construction and rapid extinguishing of the fire. Our SERVPRO fire and smoke restoration technicians wiped down the unwanted coatings on the hard surfaces as the employees moved tools and equipment around to ease our cleaning efforts. We set up an hydroxyl generator to eliminate the lingering odors, and the shop was back up and running by the end of the day. "Like it never even happened."